Wednesday, December 7, 2011

B.J. Penn films 'Hawaii Five-0' episode

Hilo native and former UFC lightweight and welterweight champion fighter B.J. Penn will appear in an upcoming episode of "Hawaii Five-0."

In his Bleacher Report blog, Penn writes that he finished filming last week.

"I played just a random no-name guy. I guess you would call him like a surf punk type of person," Penn wrote. "The cool thing is they can expand on that character if they want, and I can come back and do other small appearances on the show.

"Kala (Alexander), one of the guys involved with the series, said I was holding my own in the acting department, so that was pretty awesome. He made me feel good!"

CBS said Penn plays a member of a North Shore gang.

The episode is tentatively scheduled to air Dec. 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment