Wednesday, November 23, 2011

HAWAII FIVE-0 “Ki’ilua” Review (Daemon's TV)

Well we’ve all been waiting for the moment when the crap was going to hit the fan after we found out that Jenna was working for Wo Fat, and in tonight’s episode it did just that. She tricks Steve into going with her to South Korea to save her fiancé from kidnappers, forgetting to mention of course that he is the ransom – oh and that Wo Fat is the kidnapper.

Steve trusts her so he goes in and gets himself in a world of trouble. Meanwhile back at home the team starts getting clues that Jenna has been lying to them. After she finds out that her fiancé is dead, she tries to undo the wrongs by calling the team in and even giving Steve a means of escape. It was no surprise that those are Jenna’s last acts on earth, but I appreciated the redemption and I even felt myself not hating her by the time she died.

Danny calls in help from Joe and soon the team is off on their own to South Korea, with no military supplies or back-up, facing possible federal charges, prison and of course death – and doing it all for their friend. I love me a good rescue op so the last twenty minutes or so of this episode was a blast to watch. With great lines from special guest star Jimmy Buffet, the team camaraderie and general badassness of everyone involved, it was the perfect mix of emotional, hysterical and action.

My favorite bits..

That whole crawling under the bed and hiding thing? It never works.

Holy cow! Chin is engaged? I can’t say I expected that to happen so fast.

“Yeah, jerk, I’m concerned. Big deal.” – Yep, that sounds like concern to me.

Starting to worry the moment that Steve said “what could go wrong?” and Danny said “nothing to worry about” within 30 seconds of each other.

Steve knowing it wasn’t Josh, even with the bag on the man’s head.

Loving the way they shot the gun fight. The shaking camera effect made it that much more exciting.

Danny knowing something was up with Steve, even when everyone else tried to logically explain why he wasn’t answering his phone.

“No, I’m not implying. I’m saying it.”

Danny going to Joe for help.

Really not liking the sounds coming from behind the door after they dragged Steve inside.

You know when you can tell you’ve been watching too much of The Walking Dead? When you keep expecting Jenna’s dead fiancé to get up and start eating her. On a more serious note though, that scene was beyond intense. The music they chose for it was great.

Everyone’s reaction when Jenna said the name Wo Fat.

Jenna throwing the phone out of the window so that they could keep tracing the signal. As pissed as I was at her for dragging Steve there, I had to admire that move.

Trying to figure out what the heck Jenna pulled out of her fiancé’s body.

No way did I think any of them were going to do it, but I still enjoyed the moment when Joe offered to let any of the team back down from the mission.

The SEALs showing up.

Jenna admitting to Steve that she traded him for Josh.

“I’m more of a margarita guy myself.”
“Can’t argue with you there.” – Haha! Nice little nod to us Jimmy Buffet fans.

“You have a chicken nesting in your helicopter, sir.”

Cracking up at the 8-track in the chopper…and wondering how many people watching the episode had no clue what it was. I feel so old now. LOL.

Danny asking if Frank ever flew the chopper sober. I’m going with ‘not.’

Steve laughing at Wo Fat after the guy had just beaten him bloody.

Jenna sliding the key (?) to Steve before she was killed. (I still have no clue what that thing was)

That unbelievable move Steve did when he took the key from his feet and passed it to his hands. Wow.

Wondering how Weston knew how to put together an RPG, considering she had just said she didn’t know how to shoot one.

Not being able to help the huge grin that went across my face when Danny opened that flap and Steve’s eyes bugged out at the sight of his partner. Awwww!

That whole final scene in the chopper, from Danny telling Steve he didn’t have to thank him, to Chin announcing his engagement and of course the joke about not getting married and just buying a house for a woman you hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment