Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hawaii Five-0 Lapa'au Review (Daemon's TV)

HAWAII FIVE-0 “Lapa’au” Season 2 Episode 8 – In this episode, the team is on the case of an ICE agent who was murdered and then put on a plane before it crashed, all in the hopes of making it look like an accident. That works about as well as it ever does on a show like this and of course Max quickly finds out that it wasn’t an accident at all. I got a kick out of the mini Heroes reunion when Greg Grunberg (as Special Agent Jeff Morrison) joined Masi Oka’s Max in this one. Their scene in autopsy was classic and I loved the “do I know you?” moments between them.

Meanwhile Danny is still stuck living in a dump after discovering the nifty apartment he found last week had a few extra guests, the kind that are non-corporeal. He doesn’t find a new place in this episode but he did find something almost as good – a dog. Turns out Danny is a bit of a dog whisperer and handles the pooch better than anyone else on the team. I was actually a little sad that he gave it to Grace as I was hoping he’d keep it himself but I guess with his schedule, it’s probably not easy to have a pet. I do hope he gets his home situation worked out soon, the crappy hotel room thing is getting a little old and he deserves a real home.

My favorite bits..

I think it’s been a while since I’ve mentioned this so I’m just gonna say again how much I always enjoy the opening scenes of this show, with clips of the beautiful scenery and usually a peek into life on the island. Plus I liked how this time it worked in nicely with the set-up of this episode’s case.

Danny watching Enemy Mine. OMG I used to love that flick. And that scene always made me cry, too.

Steve pointing out that worrying about ghosts would be the least of Danny’s worries if he ran a blue light over that dump. Ew. I so didn’t need that image in my head.

“The dude just gave birth.”

Steve threatening to call Child Protective Services if Danny brought Grace to that rat hole. I am totally with him on that.

Getting suspicious of Jeff the more upset he acted about Jensen. Scary how suspicious I am of people who act like that on shows like this. I’m becoming such a cynic.

The dog waiting for his owner to come home. Aw.

I love it! Not only a cargument but with a dog riding shotgun. Awesome.

Getting so sad when I found out that Danny lost his dog during quarantine. That’s awful. Poor Danny.

Kono accusing Chin of getting a contact high and a case of the munchies after visiting the witness. LOL.

Laughing out loud when Jeff and Max met. Nice little nod to all us Heroes fans.

Kono doing a fantastic job at playing a (literally) dopey chick.

The fact that we came back from commercial mid-chase, with Danny in mid-complaint. That was awesome.

Not being able to help the giggle that escaped me when I saw the dog was barking at Weston. See? Even he agrees with us!

The way Jeff used his hands to describe the “land mines” in Steve’s office. Haha!

Kono calling Fong a Geek God. Nice.

“For the record, these people looked a lot scarier as heat signatures.”

Danny telling the dog to watch his tail when he got out of the car. That cracked me up so hard.

“Why’re you asking me? I sell shrimp, not baby seals.”

Max showing up in his ultra rad Geekmobile…that just so happened to look like Danny’s car. Haha!

Danny reassuring Jeff that Steve breaking and entering was something he did regularly.

Jeff struggling to keep from shooting Liam.

Danny declaring himself Father of the Year for giving Grace the dog. Aw.

Jeff giving the team Monica’s award.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment